Event Date: 01/20/2021 (2:00 pm EST - 3:00 pm EST)
Walt Disney was a creative genius, a master showman, and an amazing teacher who once firmly proclaimed, “The normal gap between what is generally regarded as ‘entertainment’ and what is defined ‘educational’ represents an old and untenable viewpoint.”
The entertainments Disney created were both informative and enjoyable—unlike many learning programs. When entertainment and learning are aligned Disney style, the results are magical; participants pay attention, they absorb information, and they change behavior.
In this insightful and engaging presentation, Lenn Millbower, a 25 year Walt Disney World training leader and the author of the book Care Like a Mouse, shares the ways in which Walt’s entertainment strategies can be, and were, applied to actual learning challenges. Focusing on your needs, you will then identify specific tactics to make your own presentation, training program, class or communication magic.
Attendees will learn:
- The connection between entertainment and learning so you can pixie-dust your learning objectives with messages that matter to your learners.
- To identify the strategies Walt Disney’s theme parks use to draw people into the experience so you can apply specific tactics to capture learner attention and maintain focus.
- The techniques Disney’s team used to transform rides into immersive environments so you can create your own captivating learning experiences.
- Disney’s approach to making a message so memorable that the meaning sticks for years afterwards so you can create magical memories for your audience.
Who should attend:
- Leaders and managers
- Independent consultants
- Others interested in Disney’s workplace method
Lenn Millbower, the Mouse Man™ and author of Care Like a Mouse, teaches Walt Disney inspired service, leadership, innovation, training and success strategies. Everything Disney touched seems magical. It isn’t. It’s method. Lenn saw that method up close. He spent 25 years at Walt Disney World: Epcot Operations trainer, Disney-MGM Studios stage manager, Animal Kingdom opening crew, and Disney Institute, Disney University, and Walt Disney Entertainment management. Now he shares methodologies that will help you make your own magic.
Our library of 40+ online assessments deliver soft skills training that transforms your workforce. HRDQ Online Assessments are informative and powerful learning tools for employees at all organizational levels. And our platform makes delivering and administering them fast, efficient, and secure.