Event Date: 07/25/2018 (2:00 pm EDT - 3:00 pm EDT)
The ability to guide an organization through the discomfort and opportunity of tumultuous change continues to be amongst the most vexing and enduring of leadership responsibilities. Living on the edge of volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity (VUCA) has always been challenging and emotionally draining—even when things are going well; but the difficulty level and stress have ramped up considerably in the emergent context where leaders face increasing tension and questions around the very essence and meaning of authenticity, integrity, truthfulness, and trust. Striking the right chord of candor and authenticity has become even more critical as people grapple with greater confusion and conflict as to their perceptions of what is real and what is “fake.”
Organizations that remain resilient and successful in this environment—and with their key talent in place—will be those that balance the paradoxical demands of driving important change initiatives, while simultaneously connecting with their people to help them cope and learn their way through the human and emotional dynamics inherent in the process.
Join Dr. Kerry Bunker for an engaging and interactive session that will explore the core attributes of leading change in challenging times. He will share a practical model and experiential process for helping managers and leaders learn to lead authentically in the face of uncertainty, stress and emotional transition.
Who Should Attend
- Managers and team leaders
- Organization development professionals
- Human resources managers
- Management consultants
Participants Will Learn
- Learn why authenticity, vulnerability, and trust are critically important attributes for leading effectively in a VUCA world.
- Examine the powerful links between change, stress, resilience, and learning—as well as learning how to learn.
- Discover the attributes of the Authentic Leadership Paradox Wheel model and how the ability to find balance can to enhance or undermine leadership in times of transition.
- Assess their own balance on the six pairs of paradoxical competencies and explore some of the dynamics that cause organizations to get in their own way.
- Learn about ways to enhance authentic change leadership capacity in themselves and others through the use of guided learning tools and powerful experiential workshops.
Dr. Kerry Bunker
Dr. Bunker is president of Mangrove Leadership Solutions and a founding partner of The Wayfinders Leadership Collaborative. Dr. Bunker is also a senior fellow and on-call faculty member at the Center for Creative Leadership. He is widely recognized for his experience and expertise in helping organizations to develop authentic change leaders for challenging times and for his in-depth Executive Coaching with C-suite leaders. Dr. Bunker has authored and co-authored more than 50 publications, including Leading with Authenticity in Times of Transition, the HBR classic, “The Young and the Clueless” and Leading Through Transitions. He holds a Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from the University of South Florida.