Event Date: 02/10/2016 (2:00 pm EST - 3:00 pm EST)
Can you imagine a choreographer training only one dancer to lead while his or her partner sits in the lobby staring at the wall? Unthinkable? Yet this happens all the time within organizations. Half the partnership is missing! There is a notion that everyone should be a leader all the time and, if leadership is so game changing, we must need more of it from everyone, all the time. In fact, research shows that it takes both roles- leadership AND followership- to get the best results. They are equally valuable. Leadership is one half of a partnership.
Join experts Dr. Marc Hurwitz and Samantha Hurwitz for this one-hour webcast that offers a host of new ideas and practical advice. Leadership is Half the Story: A Fresh Look at Followership, Leadership and Collaboration, will change how you think about leadership development.
- Gain practical techniques to evolve your leadership development programs by including followership
- Build a stronger case for followership within your organization by understanding why it is a crucial skill for personal and organizational success
- Explore research and case studies where followership development has had significantly positive results
- Learn useful tips for advancing the followership AND leadership skills of the organizations you work with
Who Should Attend
- Human Resources Professionals
- Organizational Development Professionals
Dr. Marc Hurwitz and Samantha Hurwitz
Dr. Marc Hurwitz is Co-founder and Chief Insight Officer of FliPskills. He holds a PhD in cognitive neuroscience, an MBA, masters degrees in physics and math, and combines that with many years of corporate, executive, and entrepreneurial experience in T&D, general HR, marketing and entrepreneurship. He is on the faculty at the Conrad Centre for Business, Entrepreneurship and Technology, University of Waterloo. He has been recognized with numerous awards for teaching, academics, speaking, professional training, acting and poetry. Marc is known for being engaging, interesting, super insightful and not a woolly-headed academic!
Samantha Hurwitz is Co-Founder and Chief Encouragement Officer of FliPskills. She is a leadership and followership coach, consultant, trainer and writer with 25 years corporate and entrepreneurial experience, including nine at the executive level: Controller of a $6/yr billion organization, IT Executive with a $50 million project portfolio,and Chair of a Strategic Talent Management Program. She enjoys helping people have those “aha” and “ahhh” moments. Sam is known for being uniquely positive, practical and perceptive!