Event Date: 05/18/2016 (2:00 pm EDT - 3:00 pm EDT)
Recent studies from a variety of sources show that disengaged employees cost the U.S. over $450 billion in lost productivity each year. As the economy and companies continue to recover new growth requires employees that are committed to their organization, willing to spur innovation with new ideas and concepts, and who operate with enthusiasm as they naturally pursue success. The challenge is that in many organizations there continues to be a debate on the difference between employee satisfaction and employee engagement.
In this webinar we’ll explore the exciting topic of emotional intelligence and how it intrinsically provides the employee a foundation to build qualities, characteristics, and behaviors that lead to greater individual engagement. We’ll look at the world’s first scientifically validated model of emotional intelligence the EQ-i 2.0 and understand how certain skills in emotional intelligence empower 4 key elements to employee engagement. The nature of Emotional Intelligence is that it is dynamic and can be developed. The development ability of emotional intelligence allows us to cultivate a plan around specific skills that ultimately results in empowered employees, greater engagement, and increased productivity.
Participants Will Learn
- What is employee engagement vs employee satisfaction & current approaches considering extrinsic and intrinsic motivation
- The Impact of Emotions- Evolution of emotional intelligence & key factors about EI, IQ, & personality
- Engaged Employees- Qualities & Characteristics
- The EQ-i 2.0 Model- 5 Composites and 15 Skills and the link to employee engagement
- Connecting specific emotional intelligence skills to intrinsic elements of engagement
- Cultivating engagement growth with an emotional intelligence development plan
Who Should Attend
- Human Resources Professionals
- Organizational Development Professionals
Ed Hennessy is a Master Trainer in Emotional Intelligence and CEO of Leadership Call, LLC the leading provider of EQ-I 2.0 & EQ 360 Emotional Intelligence Certification in North America. He leads EI based leadership and performance improvement programs with corporate clients and organizations as well as training & credentialing other professionals as experts in EI. He is a U.S. Army Veteran and served 9 years with several assignments leading elite aviation units. He also has 13+ years Executive Recruitment experience working nationally with Fortune 1000 companies for mid to senior level positions. In his community Ed is a speaker with the University of North Texas Professional Leader Program as well as a participant in the Tour De Cure. He graduated from Norwich University, The Oldest Private Military College in the Nation.