Event Date: 12/09/2015 (2:00 pm EST - 3:00 pm EST)
From less than 25% in 1990, business across borders now accounts for more than 1/3 of global GDP: more than a billion new middle class consumers will be added to the world marketplace by the end of the decade.
Join experts Curtis Curry and Patricia Hernández in Communicating Across Cultures: What Leaders and Teams Need to Know to Succeed. The one-hour webinar will provide critical information and strategies for effectively working across national borders. The inability to successfully navigate cultural differences is the most frequently cited reason for global team failure. The interactive webinar will provide participants with information and best practice strategies to bridge the cultural divide.
Participants Will Learn
- Learn four key cultural dimensions critical for communicating effectively with employees, partners and customers from different cultures
- Discover five leadership behaviors/characteristics that are effective across all cultures, four that are universally seen as ineffective and four that are perceived as effective or ineffective depending on the culture
- Identify differences in cultural values and behavior that frequently lead to miscommunication
- Explore how space, pace, and touch impact intercultural communication
- Take away three strategies leaders and teams can use to develop greater intercultural communication competency
Who Should Attend
- Human Resources Professionals
- Organizational Development Professionals
Curtis D. Curry
Curtis D. Curry is the President and COO of Quality Learning International. His past clients include Harris, Honeywell Aerospace, Roche do Brasil, Ricoh Latin America and United Space Alliance, among many others. Curtis is a fellow at Florida Institute of Technology’s (FIT) Institute for Cross Cultural Management. He served as director of training, Center for Business Industry, Miami-Dade College, director, World Trade Institute of the Americas, World Trade Center Miami, and director, Entrena Honduras/Nicaragua.
Patricia Hernández, is the CEO of Quality Learning International. Patricia spearheads their international work and co-facilitates leadership programs throughout Latin America. She has a degree in international relations, and has worked with clients including Ricoh, Unilever, Oracle, Sun Nuclear, and the US Peace Corps. She is also a Certified Cultural Detective practitioner.