Event Date: 02/12/2020 (2:00 pm EST - 3:00 pm EST)
Walt Disney liked to proclaim, “It all started with a mouse.” Although it is true that Mickey Mouse was Disney’s breakthrough product, it did not start with that mouse—it started with the people who made the mouse. The Disney philosophy, likewise, doesn’t start with customers. It starts with “castomers.” They are the ones who make the customer experience.
The Disney formula is simple. A great castomer™ experience leads to a great customer experience. Happy customers become loyal and spend more money. Profits increase. Disney inspired castomer™ care involves four elements that can be summarized in the acronym TEAM:
- Teach – Developing employees so they can reach their full potential
- Engage – Involving employees in decisions that affect them
- Appreciate – Acknowledging and thanking employees for their efforts
- Manage – Providing employees with the tools and assistance they need
In this webinar based on his book Care Like a Mouse: The Key to Disney Quality Service, Lenn “The Mouse Man” Millbower will share Disney-inspired TEAM techniques for meeting your castomers’ needs. The webinar will cover the arc of the Disney castomer™ training experience, the processes Disney uses to involve castomers in on-the-spot decisions, recognition, rewards and perks that honor customer effort, and the Disney caring-for-castomer expectations of its managers.
Everything Disney touched seems magical. It isn’t. It’s method. Learn the method and you can make your own magic. The Mouse Man™ will inspire you to create your own castomer culture. Give it a shake and watch the magic take!
Participants will learn:
- The importance of purpose in focusing employees on the overarching goal of the organization
- Disney’s operating priorities and the ways in which those priorities help every team member, at every level within the organization, make the best decisions for delivering Disney’s purpose
- The multiple approaches Disney uses to recognize castomers who effectively serve customers
- What the Disney leadership expectations are and the ways in which those expectations align with a castomer focused culture
- How a customer-focused culture can unleash your people to improve your processes, maintenance and service delivery
Who should attend:
- Leaders and managers
- Customer service personnel
- Others interested in Disney’s workplace method
Lenn Millbower, the Mouse Man™ and author of Care Like a Mouse, teaches Walt Disney-inspired service, leadership, innovation, training and success strategies. Millbower spent 25 years at Walt Disney World: Epcot Operations trainer, Disney-MGM Studios stage manager, Animal Kingdom opening crew, and Disney Institute, Disney University, and Walt Disney Entertainment management. Now he shares methodologies that will help you make your own magic.