Event Date: 05/15/2014 (2:00 pm EDT - 3:00 pm EDT)
You’ve been there before. Your mind wandering, eyes glazing over as you listen to a boring and predictable presentation. When people aren’t engaged, they’re not paying attention. And that means they’re not learning. So how can you guarantee your audience will sit up and take notice the next time you’re in the lead role?
Never fear, Sharon Bowman is here! Join her for Brain-Based Presenting: Getting the Brain to Pay Attention, an unforgettable hour of learning that will transform your training and presentation skills from just blah to a-ha. A popular speaker and the expert on brain-based instruction, Sharon knows the secret to making any content memorable—even when the topic is dry, technical, or complex—and she’s ready to share her knowledge with you. Not only will you leave with tools you can put to immediate use, you’ll also be privy to a host of free, web-based resources you can use to maximize effectiveness.
This webinar aired on 05/15/2014. View the archived webinar below.
Sign up for HRDQ-U news and be among the first to know about upcoming events.
Participants Will Learn
- Brain-based presentation strategies that will make content engaging and memorable.
- What makes the brain “fall asleep.”
- Practical concepts and effective presentation techniques you can apply to any learning environment.
- How to employ brain-based resources to enhance your use of cognitive neuroscience as it relates to learning.
Who Should Attend
- Trainers, teachers, facilitators, and presenters.
- Organization development professionals.
- Managers, training supervisors, and consultants.
- Anyone interested in improving his/her training or presentation skills, whether in face-to-face or online instructional environments.
Sharon L. Bowman, MA
Sharon is the president of Bowperson Publishing & Training, Inc. An expert in the fields of accelerated learning, brain-based instruction, and participant-centered training, she has over 40 years of experience helping individuals to polish their presentations, improve their instructional skills, and develop exceptional professional development programs. Sharon has authored several HR books, including The Ten-Minute Trainer and Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick. High-energy and engaging, she is a popular speaker at industry events, including the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) and Training conferences.