Event Date: 06/06/2018 (2:00 pm EDT - 3:00 pm EDT)
Many technical experts and subject matter experts aspire to a leadership position in their companies but the failure rate of success once they are in this role is very high. This webinar takes the mystery out of what it takes to be highly successful in making this transition work.
A Subject Matter Expert, (Engineering, Finance, IT, Consulting, Supply Chain) has many talents and skills often on the operational and technical side on their experience but frequently lack the “soft management” skills to make their transition truly successful. This webinar shares what soft skills are required and how these can be integrated into ones career and talent plans.
Participants Will Learn
- Understand the reasons technical and subject matter experts often fail once they have been promoted to Leadership roles
- Assess your personal and professional skills to gage your potential to be a Leader
- Follow a straight forward development process to support a successful Leader role transition
- Review a case study of a successful and unsuccessful Leadership transition and become aware of the lessons learned
- Practice various “Soft Skills” to sharpen one’s ability to learn new human side skills in support of operational and organizational skills
Who Should Attend
- Corporate/organizational trainers and facilitators
- Independent consultants
- Managers responsible for training
Mark Hordes is currently senior consultant and managing principal with Mark Hordes Management Consulting, LLC a talent and change management and Leadership development consulting and training firm based in Houston, Texas USA.
A former partner with a “Big Five” management consulting firm, Mark has successfully led leadership development, behavior change management and cultural alignment engagements for clients such as Chevron,Hoechst Celanese, Shell Oil, Baker Hughes, Blue Star, SADARA, KBR, Saudia Airlines, Conoco Phillips, Schlumberger, Tenneco, Dow, well as clients representing health care, non-profits, governmental, Energy, Manufacturing, Services, Refining, Consumer Goods, Travel & Transportation, in North America, Middle East, Far East, China, Scandinavia and Europe.
Mark is frequenlty profiled in the media and press, “The Houston Business Journal: “Face to Face with Mark Hordes”, Houston Chronicle, “His Job is to Help Companies Ease the Pain of Change” and interviewed on radio and television.
Mr. Hordes is a graduate of the American Graduate School of International Management, “Thunderbird.”. He holds an MBA and MSin Human Behavior from Aurora University and an undergraduate degree from the University of Houston. His prior experience includes executive positions with Accenture, Spherion, American Productivity & Quality Center, Alexander Consulting, Dillingham Associates and The Sinclair Group.