Event Date: 07/01/2020 (2:00 pm EDT - 3:00 pm EDT)
In the spirit of the July 4th celebration of independence, this presentation shares a learners’ declaration of rights. Learning must deliver organizational objectives. That’s why the program exists. But despite the logic behind those objectives, learners often need something different: emotional connection to the content.
Master showman and communicator Walt Disney knew how to engage those emotional connections. He once said, “The gap between entertainment and educational represents an old and untenable viewpoint.” And he proved it too. The programs Disney developed, for the public and internally for Disney employees, were informative and moving. When entertainment and learning are aligned Disney style, the results are magical: participants pay attention, they absorb information, they change behavior.
In this insightful presentation, explore the ways in which Walt’s engagement strategies meet learner needs. Join us and celebrate the learners’ declaration of rights.
Attendees will learn:
- How to define the connection between advertising, entertainment and effective learning.
- How to discover the three learner expectations that are often not addressed in learning programs.
- How to examine a rapid ISD model that incorporates both logic and emotion for superior results.
- How to identify the strategies Walt Disney uses to draw people into an experience.
- How to explore specific Disney inspired tactics to capture attention and maintain learner focus.
Who should attend:
- Leaders and managers
- Independent consultants
- Others interested in Disney’s workplace method
Lenn Millbower, the Mouse Man™ and author of Care Like a Mouse, teaches Walt Disney inspired service, leadership, innovation, training and success strategies. Everything Disney touched seems magical. It isn’t. It’s method. Lenn saw that method up close. He spent 25 years at Walt Disney World: Epcot Operations trainer, Disney-MGM Studios stage manager, Animal Kingdom opening crew, and Disney Institute, Disney University, and Walt Disney Entertainment management. Now he shares methodologies that will help you make your own magic.