Creative Problem Solving Virtual Seminar
July 13, 2021 | 1 - 4p ET
When problems happen at work, employees frequently do one of three things: they panic, they become apprehensive about approaching the problem, or they pass the issue on to someone else to solve. Yet a problem at work often means there is a potential solution – and the ability to creatively problem solve makes employees perceive problems as opportunities to harness and challenges to conquer.
Problem solving has become a necessity at work. A study conducted by AchieveGlobal revealed that 94 percent of those in its focus group felt greater time pressure and stress to solve problems more effectively and 53 percent said they have to creatively problem solve on a daily basis.
A problem-solving culture is ultimately a good thing. When an organization has a problem-solving culture, it fosters ideas and activities which extend beyond the problem and encourages innovation. Other benefits include better teamwork and trust, increased workplace engagement, increased job satisfaction and increased productivity.
This 3-hour instructor-led online seminar will cover the characteristics of an effective problem solver, challenge people’s go-to problem solving habits, reveal a variety of diagrams that help develop creative problem solving methods, and inspire you and your team to be more creative. This seminar offers workplace tips, self-assessment exercises, real-life scenarios, practice activities, and more.
- Maintaining innovation and creativity to withstand business challenges
- Overcoming common misconceptions and creativity myths
- Getting past political obstacles, criticism and negativity
- The six basic laws of problem solving
- How to take risks and learn from failure
- Using the SCAMPER approach, the 7×7 technique, and other problem-solving matrixes to evaluate ideas
Participants Will Learn:
- How to identify roadblocks that prevent creative thinking
- To develop creative attitudes and learn to see that all problems have opportunities
- How they can overcome criticism and gain acceptance for new ideas
- Creative and effective techniques to recognize and identify problems
- The best techniques for managing creative people
- To realize the significance of humor and how it impacts creativity
Registration Info for Creative Problem Solving:
- How to register. Click the Register Now button for the class date you wish to attend and complete the online registration form. Payment is with credit card only.
- Quantity discounts. Save when you enroll multiple attendees! Just $149 per person when you enroll 4 or more.
- Cancellations. You may cancel your registration at any time before the event begins and receive a refund less a 5% service fee.
- Questions? Contact us at support@HRDQU.com.