Business Etiquette Virtual Seminar
May 25, 2021 | 1 - 4p ET
In the business world, business etiquette is an encompassing term that makes the difference between a comfortable work environment, and an aggravating one. Whether it is being polite to a rude coworker, keeping a clean workspace, or using proper grammar in an email, small, attentive gestures make the workplace more enjoyable. However, business etiquette has been on the decline.
According to a study by Weber Shandwick, “large American businesses are considered uncivil by 53 percent of Americans.” This is an important statistic, considering the same study found that 60 percent of a firm’s market value is attributed to its reputation. Outside the client-company relationship, bad business etiquette harms workplace harmony. One of the more concerning workplace trends is the rise of Americans leaving their jobs because of incivility. In the span of two years, 26 percent of Americans reported they quit a job because it was an uncivil workplace.
Being able to assess your level of self-respect and dignity, to display patience, to say no diplomatically, and to make a positive impression allows you develop more meaningful relationships with colleagues, and to build a pleasant work environment that boosts productivity. This 3-hour instructor-led online seminar covers necessary business etiquette skills. This program offers workplace tips, self-assessment exercises, real-life scenarios, practice activities, and more.
- Dealing with feelings of powerlessness and helplessness
- Saying “no” diplomatically
- Guidelines for making a good first impression
- How to keep your cool when handling a tough customer
- How to pick up on nonverbal and subtext messages
- How to navigate workplace faux pas
- Technology etiquette, including how to effectively use social media
Participants Will Learn:
- Practice common business etiquette to build and maintain relationships.
- Implement practices for respecting yourself.
- Be resilient in difficult situations.
- Interact in a respectful manner with coworkers and subordinates.
- Establish positive human connections.
- Maintain relationships with strong communication skills.
Registration Info for Business Etiquette:
- How to register. Click the Register Now button for the class date you wish to attend and complete the online registration form. Payment is with credit card only.
- Quantity discounts. Save when you enroll multiple attendees! Just $149 per person when you enroll 4 or more.
- Cancellations. You may cancel your registration at any time before the event begins and receive a refund less a 5% service fee.
- Questions? Contact us at support@HRDQU.com.