Behavioral Interviews Virtual Seminar
May 18, 2021 | 1 - 4p ET
Behavioral interviews help better identify the right candidate for the job. A survey by CareerBuilder found that 69 percent of organizations have been adversely affected by a bad hire in the past year. A bad hire was considered someone with any of the following issues: poor performance, failure to get along with others, negative attitude, attendance problems, and complaints from customers. The consequences included any of the following: lost productivity, time required to hire and train another person, drag on morale throughout the department or organization, loss of sales, and legal issues.
A survey by Robert Half Finance & Accounting found that poor performance was the No. 1 reason that resulted in a failed hire. A poor skills match was the second most-cited reason. In addition, failed hires result from a “culture clash,” where the new hire doesn’t fit in with the company culture. Behavioral interviewing is an evidence-based approach for ensuring you hire the right person for the job, effectively minimizing all of these potential problems.
This 3-hour instructor-led online seminar covers how to better interview candidates to find the right talent. This program offers workplace tips, self-assessment exercises, real-life scenarios, practice activities, and more.
- Developing a list of general competencies needed for the position.
- Translating general competencies into detailed performance criteria.
- Using general competencies and performance criteria to develop behavioral-based questions.
- Recognizing the characteristics of effective behavioral-based questions.
- Developing behavioral-based questions according to the competencies necessary for the position and the organizational culture.
Participants Will Learn:
- Identify general competencies and translate them into performance criteria.
- Recognize the characteristics of and effectively develop behavioral-based questions.
- Explore useful techniques for reviewing resumes.
- Identify the elements to look for in candidates’ answers to behavioral-based questions.
- Follow a structured method for evaluating candidates objectively.
Registration Info for Behavioral Interviews:
- How to register. Click the Register Now button for the class date you wish to attend and complete the online registration form. Payment is with credit card only.
- Quantity discounts. Save when you enroll multiple attendees! Just $149 per person when you enroll 4 or more.
- Cancellations. You may cancel your registration at any time before the event begins and receive a refund less a 5% service fee.
- Questions? Contact us at support@HRDQU.com.