Assertiveness Skills Virtual Seminar
May 4, 2021 | 1 - 4p ET
Assertiveness skills are essential for success. Influence is a tool of the successful—being able to affect influence or win others to your way of thinking, demands respect and allows you the authority to affect outcomes. Too often we assume only a person of influence can affect it.
However, influencing goes beyond positions of power and encompasses more subtle skills like empathy and active listening. It is rooted in effective communication skills and self-understanding. Learning how to demonstrate authenticity and integrity through your interactions with others and to how to have a strong sense of self-awareness lays the groundwork for mastering the art of influence—leading to improved working relationships and increased opportunities to see your ideas grow.
This 3-hour instructor-led online seminar will focus on influence and offers workplace tips, self-assessment exercises, real-life scenarios, practice activities, and more.
- Foundations of assertiveness and potential blocks to assertiveness skills
- How to use factual statements to make clear directives
- Understanding the underlying attitudes and motives behind unassertive behaviors
- Methods to confidently say no to coworkers and bosses
- Guidelines for successfully handling conflict and criticism
Participants Will Learn:
- Define assertiveness
- Recognize the range of assertive behaviors
- Identify personal blocks to assertiveness
- Demonstrate assertive language and behaviors
- Avoid language and behaviors that are not assertive (passive, aggressive and passive-aggressive behaviors)
- Use assertive behaviors in everyday situations
Registration Info for Assertiveness Skills:
- How to register. Click the Register Now button for the class date you wish to attend and complete the online registration form. Payment is with credit card only.
- Quantity discounts. Save when you enroll multiple attendees! Just $149 per person when you enroll 4 or more.
- Cancellations. You may cancel your registration at any time before the event begins and receive a refund less a 5% service fee.
- Questions? Contact us at support@HRDQU.com.