Analytical Thinking Skills Virtual Seminar
April 27, 2021 | 1 - 4p ET
Analytical thinking, or the ability to systematically and logically work through an issue, focuses on using evidence as the basis for decision making. Instead, managers and employees tend to make decisions every day based on personal experience, conventional wisdom, widely accepted best practices, or even the latest trend in business thinking. Sometimes those decisions are also inappropriate. But how do you know for sure?
The Center for Evidence-Based Management lists numerous benefits to using an analytical thinking approach when making decisions. It states that judgments based on hard data are more accurate than those based on individual experience. And according to a study published in Harvard Business Review, the best decision makers are “informed skeptics” who possess strong analytical skills. However, only 38 percent of employees fall into this category.
This 3-hour instructor-led online seminar will focus on improving analytical thinking with workplace tips, self-assessment exercises, real-life scenarios, practice activities, and more.
- What differentiates analytical thinking from critical thinking.
- How to clearly define the issue in a way that focuses on what you want to know and why you want to know it.
- Determining what information you’ll need to address the issue.
- What resources can be used for varying types of information and how to isolate the highest-quality data in each.
- Using the principles of logic and reasoning to develop a hypothesis or conclusion that can be tested.
- Understanding the difference between correlation and causation.
- How to avoid bias and surface hidden assumptions.
Participants Will Learn:
- Follow a systematic process that leads to objective, verifiable conclusions.
- Focus on and gather the information required to address the issue.
- Assess the data you gather by following the principles of logic and reasoning.
- Communicate your analysis in a relatable and clear manner.
- Use your analysis to effect objective decision making.
Registration Info for Analytical Thinking Skills:
- How to register. Click the Register Now button for the class date you wish to attend and complete the online registration form. Payment is with credit card only.
- Quantity discounts. Save when you enroll multiple attendees! Just $149 per person when you enroll 4 or more.
- Cancellations. You may cancel your registration at any time before the event begins and receive a refund less a 5% service fee.
- Questions? Contact us at support@HRDQU.com.