What makes for remarkable leadership? Qualities like honesty, integrity, courage, and dedication are part of being a notable leader. They inspire their team and encourage them to achieve the organization’s goals. A remarkable leader is someone who people want to follow.
Being a remarkable leader doesn’t come down to just one trait. There are quite a few parts of being a remarkable leader:
- Learning Continually. As a leader, a person must recognize that they need be continual learners. The learning process never stops, and good leaders grow and change as time goes on.
- Championing Change. Change is the currency of leadership. Leaders must be champions of change – planning it, approaching it, introducing it, working it, and following through on it.
- Communicating Powerfully. Every part of the leader’s role requires communication skills. Leaders must become powerful communicators to get what they want to express across to their team.
- Building Relationships. Leaders have to cooperate with people. They must build relationships to gain respect from others and work toward success.
- Developing Others. Coaching and giving feedback are two skills that leaders need to perform continually. To reach organizational goals, there needs to be individual growth of everyone on the team.
- Focusing on Customers. Without customers there is no business. Leaders recognize that all efforts exist for the customers, so customer focus needs to be a priority.
- Influencing with Impact. Leaders know that to engage others and make things happen they must be able to influence. Leaders build their ability to influence with impact.
- Thinking and Acting Innovatively. Leaders know that they must think and act innovatively as things change in an organization. They need to think outside of the box as they approach problems with unique solutions.
- Valuing Collaboration and Teamwork. Leaders know that it’s not all about them – individual team members must collaborate and work together to achieve goals set before them. Leaders must value and support collaboration and teamwork.
- Solving Problems and Making Decisions. Problems will occur and decisions must be made daily. Leaders who are skilled in these areas will help their organizations make more progress faster. Leaders must become problem solvers and decision makers.
- Taking Responsibility and Accountability. In a successful company, people must take responsibility and accountability for their actions. Effective leaders recognize their role in it, and they take and share responsibility and accountability.
- Managing Projects and Processes. All work in all organizations is classified as a project or process. Leaders must recognize the value of each and organize them accordingly.
- Setting Goals. Leaders are responsible for setting goals for themselves, their team, and the organization. Setting and working to meet goals is an integral part of a company’s evolution to success.
With these traits, a person can develop into a more remarkable leader – one who a team will want to follow. Becoming a remarkable leader is a journey, but it can become easier with “Remarkable Leadership: A Learning Series.” This tool offers a flexible and practical learning experience for leaders at all levels. Based on the acclaimed book, “Remarkable Leadership: Unleashing Your Leadership Potential One Skill at a Time,” author Kevin Eikenberry challenges participants to be more intentional about what, when, and how they learn. The 12-module program allows organizations to target specific leadership skills. Click here to learn more: https://www.hrdqstore.com/remarkable-leadership.
To learn more, attend HRDQ’s webinar “Leadership Development: 12 Ways to Develop Remarkable Leaders” on March 13 at 2 p.m. EST. The webinar is based on Kevin Eikenberry’s workshop Remarkable Leadership. Participants will learn the reasons why many leadership development processes fail, keys to a successful organizational leadership development process, strategies for developing targeted leadership skills in a relatively small period of time, and how to create relevant learning experiences to build leadership skills. Register today!