Event Date: 02/11/2020 (2:00 pm EST - 3:00 pm EST)
Difficult conversations are inevitable in any workplace. Those conversations can create unhappiness, stress, and tension. They can also impair and even destroy relationships. When handled poorly, they are likely to result in serious problems that interfere with productivity and leave everyone involved feeling frustrated and dissatisfied.
You can’t avoid these kinds of conversations, but you can learn how to handle them more effectively. Developing the ability to handle these challenges will pay off in terms of reduced stress, increased confidence, improved relationships, increased trust, fewer problems, better teamwork, higher productivity, and better career opportunities.
This webinar is based upon research from Navigating Difficult Conversations Customizable Course, a training program from the HRDQ Reproducible Training Library that gives both newly emerging and experienced leaders and managers the tools and techniques for developing and refining their skills. This learning resource will help your organization retain employees and clients, make better decisions, and improve performance.
Participants Will Learn:
- Understand the nature of difficult conversations and what it takes to handle them.
- Identify the seven stages of handling difficult conversations.
- Use empathy in a way that minimizes negative responses and strengthens relationships.
- Apply best practices for preparing, initiating, and delivering the conversation.
- Discover how to generate solutions and bring the conversation to a close.
Who Should Attend:
- Training and HR professionals
- Independent consultants
- Managers delivering training
Gary Turner, a Senior Faculty member of HRDQ. Gary completed his Ph.D. coursework at The Ohio State University, was Organization Development Director at M&M/Mars for 9 years, and founded Turner Consulting in 1991. He has worked with fortune 500 companies in the U.S. and in 7 other countries.